Room 13 and Other Ghost Stories

 In this book, five stories are included. So, I will introduce three stories of the book with three quotes.

The first story is Room 13. The main character of this story is Anderson stayed in The Golden Lion Inn and choose room number 12. 13 is an unlucky number, so people don't stay in the room. One day, he saw a person who is in room 13.

He was surprised when he went to the next room. The next room was number 14!

 I surprised, too. I can't believe that room 13 disappeared, because it is impossible. He wanteto know that who is in the room and asked the landlord. The landlord said that It must be Mr. Jensen and he must be  ill. Anderson and Jensen was annoyed because of the room 13.  In the next morning, they find papers belonged to Nicolas Franken who disappeared in 1560 and the paper was written in blood!

I tell you about The Maze. It is the fourth story. There is a strange maze in a garden and some people try to clear it. Mr Humphreys wrote his plan. 

It came nearer and Humphrey saw a face. It was  horrible burnt face. 

In a hole of the maze, he meets strange thing. I was so scared because I can't understand what it is. In the end, it turned out that was the body of old Mr Wilson. 

THE LOST CROWNS OF ANGRIA is the last story of the book. Paxton found three crowns on the door of a church and  heard a strange story by a priest. The last king has died and three crowns of the king had disappeared. About three hundred ago from the dead, one of the crown was found. Second crown was washed. Third crown was in a suitcase of him. He got the crown from William Ager's house. Ager family were guardians of the  crown.

'Once , I felt someone pulling my coat. But then I found the crown. At that moment,  I heard a terrible cry behind me.'

I thought it is ghost of some one of Ager family. Paxton said that it is William Ager. He go to put it back to the house, but Ager wasn't leave him. In the end, someone has taken him to the sea and he died. It was the most scary story for me in this book.



著者 :
マクミラン・ランゲージハウス
発売日 : 2005-01-01

コメント

このブログの人気の投稿

SELF INTRODUCTION

LLC

SPACE INVADERS